Amazon.com has an Author’s program or website or something, that allows you to list yourself as an author. I did so this past week to add my name to the list of authors of the First Contact Imminent anthology.
No worries, right? Just add my contact details, a bit of a bio (still haven’t done that), and then a pic–
Oh, yeah, a picture. Of me.
Some of you may know that Nila E. White is my pen name. I want my writing persona to be completely disassociated from my real name, because, frankly, I need my job. Therefore, I have avoided putting up my picture to my profile pages anywhere I visit on the internet.
But, you know, on Amazon, I can’t very well upload a picture of sun spots (yes, my goal in life is to be a sun):
Or last Halloween’s pumpkin:
I ended up not putting up any picture on my Amazon author page, resigned to the fact that folks will simply see a generic blob.
But it bugged me. It’s not that I’m hiding from my readers. Nor my family or friends. However, my professional reputation could be tarnished in the eyes of my employers if my name got associated with something like genre writing. So…there it is. No picture.
How fitting that this week’s photo challenge is a self-portrait. 😉
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Self Portrait (aditimitra.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Self Portrait. (melonpops.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Self-Portrait (ceceliafutch.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Self-Portrait (nylondaze.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Self Portrait (andreadreamin.com)