I’ve blogged for some time now, but yesterday I encountered a first – an award!
Bestowed upon me by a lovely WordPress blogger, what else can I do but wallow in its glow?
A few weeks ago, I started following Emmie Mears, who blogs about her writing adventures. Her posts are honest, engaging and fun to read. She also seems to be at a similar junction in her writing career as myself (though I suspect she’ll be published sooner). Either way, I’m sure we will all soon be fans of her work when her novels come out.
In the meantime, I’ve got to do something about passing on this here award!
Here’s how it works:
- Thank your nominator by linking to her or his blog.
- Pass the award on to 15 worthy bloggers. Share links to their sites and drop by to tell them you think they rock.
- List seven things about yourself.
I don’t get around much, so I only have seven worthy bloggers to list (who may or may not ignore this award – please feel free – no pressure). Here they are:
- J.W. Manus – this woman rocks. Ms. Manus has years of experience as a writer, penning stories for Harlequin and now for her own reader’s blog. Check out her writer’s blog full of insider tips and useful writing exercises.
- Dan Bieger – this guy rocks. Though he hasn’t been blogging much lately, Dan Bieger is wonderfully blunt, and offers a cynic’s perspective on the world and writing. The man has a wealth of knowledge swirling around in his head. If you ever manage to pin him down, mine it.
- Susan J. Boulton – this woman rocks (okay, I’ll try to come up with a different adjective/verb next time). She will be famous one day. I promise. She posts irregular updates on her blog with the best title ever: Gentle, Parochial Horror.
- Learco Fink – this guy
rocksis awesome. I met Learco on SFFWorld.com when he lived in France, but he’s from Germany, and now he’s going to school in London – how cool is that? A young, aspiring author that will win your heart (and make the young girls sigh). Check him out on his magical journey.
- Todd Newton – this guy is not on WordPress. However, he still rocks! Check out his eblogging blog at Initial Draft. Some great posts on writing and writers in general.
- Jo-Anne Odell – this gal is stupendous (and, also, not on WordPress). Jo-Anne is a fellow Critter with a lovely style of writing I try to emulate. She also does reviews for Tangent. Check her out on her blog: J.M. Odell on Creative Writing in Fantasy and Science Fiction.
- Rich Dickson – this guy is amazing. I love the way Rich writes on his DailyRich blog, featuring posts on life, entertainment, and sports. His fiction is even better, and you can read samples of it on his blog. One of these days when he manages to sit down and write a novel – from start to finish – he’ll win a Pulitzer.
Now the hard part; seven things about me:
- I was once smuggled into the U.C. Davis Primate Center in a mail bag.
- I’m five foot and a quarter-inch tall, and getting bigger.
- I’m 41 years old – at the moment.
- I’m a vegan that regularly lapses into wanton vegetarianism – damn those cream puffs!
- I used to burn down forests, and got paid for it – by the government.
- Backcountry ski-skating rocks! (Where on earth did this ‘rocks’ come from?)
- I run barefoot.
One of those is a lie. Which one?
- The Versatile Blogger Award (thegirlfromtheghetto.wordpress.com)
- Versatile Blogging Award (wonderingpilgrim.com)
- Versatile Blogger Award – A cry for help….. (whereismyreallife.wordpress.com)
11 thoughts on “My very first blog award”
A very hardy congratulations, you deserve it.
Oh, thank you, Randall. I kind of see these more like those annoying chain letters, but at the same time, you know, folks could have just ignored me. 😮
We all deserve one. Blogging is not as easy as it seems.
Woo, congrats, and thanks for the shout-out.
Of course, you rock! 🙄
Well done, and thanks for the ego boost! I threw some love your way on my blog as well.
Thank you, Rich. 🙂
Congratulations, Nila! You go, girl. Thanks so much for the mention. I’m touched. Truly touched.
Thank you. I realize I didn’t go around and comment on everyone’s blog. Rules. Too many of ’em. I’m also bummed no one has tried to pick out the lie. 😦
Congratulations. Well deserved. You have a beautiful blog that inspires. Have a great day.,,